2023 is bringing some big changes and new content for the Diverse BookFinder!
We're so excited to share new things with you, but you may notice some changes to our site as well.
We've put together the FAQ below to give you all the information you'll need about the changes coming to the Diverse BookFinder.
Why is this happening?
- The Diverse BookFinder was awarded a National Leadership Grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Service (IMLS) of more than $400,000 for a 4-year partnership between the Diverse BookFinder founders at Bates College and the University of Florida (UF).
- With the funds and support from this grant, UF and the Diverse BookFinder are working together to expand the Diverse BookFinder’s collection of diverse books for older readers.
- To help us in our expansion we’ve recruited a group of over 70 librarians and teachers with different lived and professional experiences, who will read and tag hundreds of books with diverse characters, while also helping to refine our tagging processes.
What's happening and what will change in 2023?
- The Diverse BookFinder will not be adding new books to our collection between now and Fall 2023.
- During this time, we will be updating our logo and website with a shiny new look and implementing new content and tagging features.
- When we relaunch, we’ll also expand our collection to feature more types of books, including graphic novels, middle grade (MG), and young adult (YA) titles.
What won’t change? Will I still have access to DBF during the hibernation?
- Readers can still use the Diverse BookFinder catalog and Collection Analysis Tool (CAT) to browse the collection. However, these won’t feature any books from 2022 or later.
- After relaunching we will still feature picture books.
- We’ll still be posting on the Diverse BookFinder blog and social media (Instagram, Facebook) to keep you updated on everything going on behind the scenes.
- Make sure you keep an eye on #DBFHibernates on social media and subscribe to our DBF Newsletter to stay in the loop!
What is the general timeline? When will the new features be ready?
- Our goal is to relaunch the website with all our new content and features in the Fall.
What does this mean for publishers and authors who want to send books?
- Feel free to keep sending us your digital copies but know that titles won’t appear on the website until we relaunch in the Fall.
I have questions, who can I contact?
- Our Diverse BookFinder Project Manager; Lisely Laboy